With varying landscapes and activities, Africa has a lot to offer to potential tourists. Insanely beautiful natural sights, mountains and deserts, waterfalls and beaches… What places should you visit for top travelling experience? Here are some of the best options.
1. Namibia boasts amazing sand dunes, which are some of the highest in the world, by the way. Take a ride on a hot air balloon to marvel at their beauty. If you’re keen on exploring, try a tour of Kolmanskop, a ghost mining town, or do a Living Desert eco tour to see the local fauna.
2. Zambia, Zimbabwe. Top tourist attraction here is Victoria Falls. The largest waterfalls on the planet, Victoria Falls offer a breathtaking cinematic view. White water rafting on the Zambezi is also fun, and you’ll get to see plenty of hippos and crocodiles!
3. Botswana. Hi-end tourism blossoms in this country with luxurious properties and less crowds than in East Africa. Enjoy the wildlife up close while sailing in mokoros (traditional canoes), with game being just a few feet away from you.
4. South Africa is a place with local and European flair. Enjoy wine tours or a good hike up Table Mountain in the middle of Cape Town. As for safaris, there are many private game reserves where you can see elephants, lions, rhinos and other animals in an easier and faster way.
5. Egypt. This country doesn’t need substantial advertising, as everyone knows its main attraction: the pyramids. Also, the sphinx that amazes visitors with its sheer size and looks. There’s a fascinating cruise up the Nile, and the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, where artefacts from the tomb of Tutankhamun are on display. Egypt is ideal for history buffs, as well as those eager to discover the world’s cultural heritage.